Looking for an easy way to make a no-cook, gluten free and super soft playdough? This Cloud Dough recipe is a fun twist on our traditional playdough recipe. We love that it’s only 2 main ingredients and can be scented with lotion. If you like making your own homemade playdough, then you definitely want to try this recipe!
This is a great recipe to make if you’ve never made playdough before. It’s really easy to make since it’s only 2 main ingredients and no cooking required! Kids also love the texture of this playdough. It’s the softest playdough you will ever try!
How To Make Cloud Dough
This is a no cook playdough recipe. It’s perfect if you want to make some playdough and you don’t have access to a stove top or kettle. The mixture comes together easily in 5 minutes (it’s fast!).
- Food Coloring (optional)
Cloud Dough Recipe
- 1/2 cup lotion regular lotion or baby lotion
- 1 cup cornstarch also called cornflour
- Add 1/2 cup of lotion to a bowl. Add 1-2 drops of the food coloring (if using concentrated gel, if using regular food coloring you’ll need more drops to color) and mix.
- Mix the lotion and food coloring until combined.
- Add 1 cup of cornstarch and mix.
- Mix until combined.
- Then take out the dough and place on some wax paper. Knead with your hands (you may want gloves here so your hands don’t stain). Keep kneading until it forms a dough-like consistency. If it’s still too sticky add another tablespoon of cornstarch.
How do I store cloud dough?
To help your playdough to last as long as possible, it’s important to keep it as airtight as possible so that it doesn’t dry out. Wrap each color of playdough in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container to help it stay soft. If you find that your playdough has become a little dry, you can add a little bit of extra lotion and knead it in.
How do you make playdough soft again?
If your playdough dries out or turns out to be a little dry after making it, try adding in a little more lotion. If the playdough is too sticky after making it, add a little bit more cornstarch.
How long does it last?
The lotion will start to dry out from it within a week. However, you can easily revive it by just adding a few extra squirts of lotion to it and kneading it in. This will make it almost like brand new again.