Get ready for an afternoon full of fun making and playing with these adorable koala finger puppets!
These cute koala finger puppets are great for kids of all ages.
Since preschool is a great time to work on strengthening fine motor muscles in the hands and fingers, playing with finger puppets is a fantastic make and play activity.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR FINGER PUPPETS
- koala finger puppet template
- gray cardstock
- black cardstock
- self-adhesive small googly eyes
- 3/4-inch or 1-inch circle punch
- pencil for tracing
- glue stick
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS FUN KOALA CRAFT
1. Download the koala finger puppets craft template and print it out on gray cardstock paper.
2. Cut out each of the pieces from the template. Use the nose as a template to trace it on a scrap piece of black cardstock with a pencil, and then cut it out.
3. Using the holes marked on the koala body template as a guide, cut out the finger circles with a circle hole punch.
For younger children we recommend a 3/4-inch size circle punch. For older children, or adults, you will want to use a 1-inch circle punch.
4. Glue each of the ears onto the koala head. Then glue the nose in the center of the koala face. Use scissors to cut small slits along the bottom half of each koala ear. This is optional, but it adds some fun texture to your koala craft.
5. Add glue at the top of the koala body and attach the koala head to it. Then glue each of the arms onto your koala.
6. Place a dot of glue on the back of two small googly eyes and place them on your koala face. Or we love using googly eyes that already have adhesive on the back of them, like these we received from OrientalTrading.com. They are handy since you don’t have to wait for the glue to dry.
7. Use a fine tip marker, colored pencil or crayon to draw a smile on your koala.
YOUR KOALA FINGER PUPPETS ARE READY FOR PLAY
To play with your koala, place two of your fingers inside the holes at the bottom of the finger puppet. Move your fingers around and watch as your koala walks and dances around.