Books will be a whole lot more fun when your kids make their own cute monster DIY corner bookmarks!
This is also a great beginner origami for kids!
How to Fold a DIY Corner Bookmark
You will need:
- a sheet of paper
- Start by folding the paper in half.
- Fold the left and right corner to the center point. Cut off the excess part and cut through the middle so that you get two triangles.
- Unfold them – you’ve gotten yourself two squares that will soon turn into two monster bookmarks!
- Fold the square in half – you will get a rectangle – fold in half again and you’ll get a smaller square. Unfold it.
5. As you’ve unfolded the small square you’ll see 4 small squares inside the unfolded square-cut one out as shown on the picture below.
6. Now cut the adjacent two squares from the one you’ve cut out as shown on the picture (diagonally through the square).
7. Fold the little triangles inward – apply some glue to the inner one and you’re done!
All that’s left to do is to cut some eyes, tongues, teeth, tentacles, horns… And glue them onto your monster!