- Popsicle sticks
- Small popsicle sticks (optional)
- Glue gun
- Scissors (heavy duty ones)
- Paint (optional)
- Halloween decorations
How to make a popsickle stick haunted house
1. Roof: to start, line up 20 popsicle sticks and glue five sticks in perpendicular fashion to provide support. repeat to make other side of roof. support beams may be placed for added decoration.
2. Front: to make the front of the house use ten popsicle sticks with two glued in perpendicular fashion to provide support. cut another ten sticks to size to allow space for a doorway. (i recommend using heavy duty scissors because you likely break your regular scissors.) two sticks can be used for door framing.
3. Back: similarly to make the back use ten popsicle sticks. cut the sticks to size to make the window. to provide support use three sticks (two at the edges and one in the middle) glued in perpendicular fashion. add small popsicle sticks (or you can cut regular popsicle sticks) to make the frame of the window.
4. Sides: use ten uncut regular length popsicle sticks and glue two in a perpendicular fashion to provide support. if you prefer sides with windows, cut the middle four popsicle sticks to desired window size. as above, add small popsicle sticks (or you can cut regular popsicle sticks) to make the frame of the window.
Put the sides, the front, and back together one at a time and glue the edges. hold until the glue dries. Finally, place the roof on and glue in place, and we are done! there is a lot of room for creativity in this project. The less perfect it is, the more haunted it looks.