Create this Spray Bottle Art when you need a quick boredom buster! It is a simple kids art project you can do with materials you probably already have at home.
HOW TO MAKE SPRAY BOTTLE SILHOUETTE ART
- Spray bottle
- craft paint (watered down)
- white paper
- straight pins
- cardboard box
1. Water down the paint – To get the paint to spray, water it down a little. Start with a small amount of water and 4-5 big drops of paint. You want the color to be vibrant and thick enough that it won’t drip.
*Note: washable paint would be much less messy than what we used and should still work fine.
2. Cut out a simple shape – You will need either a computer & printer to print your shape, a die-cut machine, or electronic cutting machine like a Cricut. You could still definitely do this project without any of those, using a simple hand-cut shape. If you’re using an electronic cutting system, like a Cricut or Silhouette, you could find some really fun shapes. A one-piece silhouette shape works best for this.
3. Attach the shape inside the cardboard box – we used straight pins to pin it onto a piece of white construction paper. The white paper was pinned and ready to go inside a cardboard box to keep the paint from getting all over. We had the box leaned up against the wall.
4. Start spraying! Get a good amount of paint on the paper, but not so much that it’s dripping a lot. As you can see, you don’t need every inch of the paper covered. Let it dry for a few minutes, take off the silhouette, and that’s it!